Can anyone be hypnotised and is it safe?
- The vast majority of people can be hypnotised. However, nobody can be hypnotised against their will or be made to do anything that they wouldn’t normally do.
- During a hypnotherapy session the goal is for you to become open to suggestions and to help you to achieve your goal.
- Yes it is safe. There are no side effects. You can bring yourself out of hypnosis whenever you wish to. You are in control at all times.
- Hypnotherapy is well researched and proven to have positive and beneficial therapeutic effects.
What does it feel like to be in hypnosis?
Hypnosis has been likened to being in a day dream like state. Put simply you are in a relaxed state of consciousness. You experience hypnosis on a daily basis for example:-
- Have you ever driven somewhere and can’t remember what route you took? You were on autopilot!
- Have you been engrossed in a TV program and somebody has asked you a question? To which you didn’t respond because you didn’t hear them!
- Have you ever found your mind drifting during a meeting? You zoned out!
- Do you get absorbed in a good book or film and live within the experience of the story? You forgot the words but remembered being completely absorbed!
Does hypnotherapy work?
Yes it does. This will, however, depend on a number of factors, for example:-
- How comfortable and inspired you feel with the hypnotist. (It is important to have a good rapport between the two of you).
- How open you are to follow the process in being successful.
- Your motivational levels and how committed you are in making the desired change(s).
Will I be in control?
- During a hypnotherapy session the client is always in control.
- You can speak freely, move and open your eyes if you wish to at any time.
- The hypnotist simply helps guide you into a state of deep relaxation.
- You can choose to come out of hypnosis any time you wish.
Will I be asleep?
No. You are not asleep. You will be in a dreamy altered state of consciousness and you will be fully aware of everything that is happening and being said the whole time. You may find yourself drifting into different levels of awareness and your unconscious mind is active throughout. It is your unconscious mind that I am working with.
What’s the difference between hypnotherapy and stage hypnosis?
Both use trance phenomena but in different ways:-
Hypnotherapy is conducted as a confidential private session. The intension is to help a client get rid of a problem and improve an aspect of their life.
Stage hypnosis is a show for public entertainment and for the benefit of an audience. The exhibitionists that go on stage are willing to make themselves look foolish for comedic effect. They know that their silly behaviour will cause laughter in the audience and they are specially selected for this trait by the stage hypnotist.
How many sessions will I need?
My aim is to help you to resolve your issue in the shortest amount of time as possible. Many things can be dealt with in a single session of up to 2 hours. This is not only to keep the costs down for you but in a 2 hour session we can get 3 hours worth of work done which gives you the increased chance of sustaining the effects.
I work with advanced and RAPID techniques and do not ask you to book a course of follow-up appointments. My aim is that you do not become dependent on repeat appointments and that your issue is resolved as quickly and painlessly as possible. It is best practise to deal with one matter at a time. So if you have more than one issue that needs to be resolved then each issue will require a separate session.